|Job Type:||Full Time|
Developer Experiences Platform (DXP) organization is responsible for developer experience to build the next generation of computing experiences powered by Windows. The Developer Incubation and Learning (DIaL) team in DXP organization is responsible for building close connections with our top tier Hardware, Enterprise and Consumer partners to understand their needs, improve the overall application ecosystem and move the platform and ecosystem forward. We are proud of our culture of incubation, experimentation, and concept validation directly with 1st and 3rd party OEM partners.
The successful candidate will be working with teams across the OS groups, Business Development, Marketing and the broader Microsoft teams focused on a set of commercial & consumer partners and scenarios. You will be expected to engage with technical leaders in other companies and develop expertise in platform technologies that will enable you to recommend solutions, identify gaps that enable the planning and engineering effort in Windows to be customer focused as well as to inform product requirements and prioritization. Successfully influencing engineering plans both inside and outside of Microsoft is a key deliverable for the role. If you are passionate about helping us succeed in this space, love solving technical problems for real customers, thrive on making change happen, and want to work for a super-fun team, come join us.
- Work across engineering, business development, and marketing to define and execute the roadmap for modern security & other apps critical to the Windows ecosystem
- Working with engineering partners inside Windows as well as external partners using our SDKs to define product scope and listen to feedback
- Ensuring product quality by deeply using all our products and APIs. Since we ship SDKs, this will often include writing sample code
- Lead a continuous learning process with internal and external partners where you will form hypotheses, define experiments, and collaboratively analyze the results to inform your next actions.
- Helping evangelize our work at industry events
- Helping define product roadmap as we iterate to the future. Drive multiple simultaneous engineering projects with our partners ranging from experimentation to global product launches
- BS/MS degree in Computer Science or related discipline or relevant experience
- 3+ years’ experience in a technology-related position, ideally engineering program and/or product management
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Experience leading external partner engagements strongly preferred
- Excellent cross-group/cross-discipline skills
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.
To see all our team’s openings, search for #wdxjobs on our careers page.