|Job Type:||Full Time|
Commerce and Ecosystems (C&E) organization is the heart of all commerce activity at Microsoft. Our program management team is looking for a senior program manager who is passionate about the future of cloud commerce and is interested in defining and enabling new cloud commerce capabilities for Microsoft’s various online and cloud businesses including Azure, Office 365, Dynamics 365, Xbox Live, Windows, etc.
As a senior program manager you will be responsible coordinating across multiple development teams to define and develop scalable features and capabilities that meet evolving customer and business needs. Some of your responsibilities will include
- Applying a customer focused mindset to analyzing problems, designing solutions and prioritizing development activities
- Applying a data-drive approach to sizing problems, identifying gaps and prioritizing new features and/or improvements to existing services
- Leading design thinking and leveraging team’s ability to create customer focused features and functionality
- Partnering with business stakeholder teams to understand business requirements and translate them to engineering deliverables
- Creating clear vision and scope for the projects, drive alignment and communication across various development teams to ensure overall success to meet the customer goals
- Managing one or more medium to large programs across multiple development teams using appropriate project management tools and controls to help manage and communicate program deliverables, timelines and risks
- Representing the program(s) in senior-level leadership meetings, both internally and externally
- Developing and sustaining strong working relationships with business teams, finance, engineering teams and external partners.
- Strong problem-solving skills, communication and ability to dive into details and cohesively help drive decisions to resolve issues
- Bachelor or Master’s degree in a technology related field or equivalent experience.
- Minimum 4 years’ experience as technical program manager or technical product manager
- Prior eCommerce experience in atleast one of the following areas - subscription management, transactional purchasing, payments or store front applications
- Experience managing programs and working with development teams involving one or more of the following areas - e-commerce, web services, data analytics, or customer facing experiences (web/app)
- Strong facilitation and cross-team negotiation skills
- Ability to distill strategic opportunity in tactical situations
- A passion for analyzing data to determine course of action and to measure goal attainment
- Loves working with dev teams within the sprint cycle and across the development life cycle
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.