|Location:||Atlanta, Georgia, Redmond, Washington|
|Job Type:||Full Time|
Do you enjoy working with dynamic people to solve complex business problems? If you love a challenge, have a passion for creating clarity, program management, and cross-group collaboration, we want you. This position is responsible for developing and managing a comprehensive and outcome-focused engineering and research audit program.
- Analyze risk trends to the business to build the annual plan by identifying trends and risks for senior leadership and the Board of Directors. For example, managing a risk portfolio by completing planning and risk assessment, according to professional standards of the IIA (Institute of Internal Auditors) and relevant industry or regulatory standard.
- Lead planning, by partnering with the business to ensure that key risks will be addressed by the audit project. For example, obtaining and analyzing business information to contribute to the annual audit plan and complete individual project planning.
- Provide oversight on project execution, ensuring that it focuses on key risks to Microsoft. For example, providing guidance on testing plans and coverage during mid-point and end of fieldwork meetings.
- Influence management as a trusted advisor to clarify risks to their business and where there may be potential blind spots. For example, providing clarification on risks to the business identified during the audit.
- Ensure clear and concise audit reporting of risks tested during the audit. Analyze and advise management on whether their planned actions will mitigate identified risks. For example, reviewing audit reports and management responses. Reviewing team's audit findings and report to provide comments on quality against audit objectives when needed.
- Report clear and concise analysis of all audit results to identify trends and risks for the senior leadership and the Board of Directors. For example, aid in the drafting of the quarterly audit reports for the Audit Committee.
- Build business acumen, foster inclusive culture, and risk mindset for the lead and audit team. For example, providing actionable insight and coaching through feedback.
- Leverage internal partnerships and networks to maximize the achievement of business goals and increase business acumen. For example, coordinating with stakeholders to understand business objectives and areas of risk.
- Embody Microsoft Values and “One Microsoft,” while embracing a growth mindset and driving impact. Champion an inclusive and collaborative workplace where everyone can be their best.
- Raise the technical knowledge of self and group on assigned business and risk areas through training and continuous professional development.
- 10+ years of demonstrated work experience in Audit or Information Technology audit/ Assurance/ Security operations or closely related field. Preferred experience with privacy, supply chain, control and compliance, or controllership.
- OR Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Finance, Business Administration or related field AND 7+ years of experience in audit or other relevant experience such as information security, privacy, supply chain, or control and compliance.
- Proven program management skills, with a record of effectively managing an audit or compliance program in a decentralized, empowered, and constantly changing environment.
- Persuasive communication skills, with the ability to deliver controversial messages to senior management. Ability to communicate highly technical issues to both technical and non-technical audiences during audit program development and report delivery.
- Demonstrated knowledge and experience in drafting advisory memorandums of findings, conclusions, and recommendations for management action plans.
The following are preferred:
- Experience in cloud computing, engineering/ software development organizations, with a focus on privacy, information security, compliance, or certification audits.
- Knowledge of generally accepted auditing standards (IIA Standard/ COSO Framework) or other frameworks such as ISO27001.
- Professional certification such as CPA, CIA, CISA, CIPP/E, CISSP, etc.
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.