|Location:||San Francisco, California|
|Job Type:||Full Time|
Position Description: Come join our growing team to deliver technology solutions that power our amazing workplaces and deliver on the vision of Dynamic Work for our employees. The Staff Workplace Technology Systems Engineer will be responsible for system design, implementation and maintenance for a variety of workplace technologies here at Okta. The main focus will be on dynamic work technologies enabling the Okta workforce to stay productive wherever they choose to work. These services will be centralized through a Workplace Experience app that this role will be responsible for managing and maintaining. The person filling this role will need to work closely with the team to establish seamless integrations, identify and explore innovative new workplace technologies, and help promote user adoption.
Okta’s conference rooms and kiosk systems are supported by JAMF MDM and deployments are managed by Apple’s DEP and VPP programs. Workplace Technologies also supports video conferencing, room scheduling panels, digital signage, smart lockers, access control system, and printers throughout our offices. This role requires strong understanding of networking, MDM management, workplace collaborative technologies and best practices.
Job Duties and Responsibilities:
- Manage technical delivery and integrations for Workplace Experience app in conjunction with vendor
- Develop overall service integration design
- Research, design, and implement innovative technologies that support Dynamic work
- Work closely with the Workplace Technologies Engineering manager to plan projects and implementation of new systems
- Work closely with the larger Workplace Team, the IT Teams, and other stakeholders to understand requirements for technical solutions or integrations
- Manage life-cycle of systems and schedule preventative maintenance and enhancements
- SME/technical lead for several technology platforms in the Workplace Tech portfolio and related integrations, including the workplace experience app, occupancy sensors, digital signage, smart lockers, mobile badging/access control system, wireless charging.
- Develop technical training sessions and documentation for team members and Okta employees
- Conduct rapid prototypes and POCs for new technology solutions
- Act as an escalation point for break/fix issue resolution
- Integrate on-site systems for monitoring and metrics
Minimum REQUIRED Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Knowledge of, or prior experience with Workplace Experience apps
- Experience with a combination of workplace technology solutions - digital signage, badging/access control, occupancy sensors, wayfinding, etc
- Vendor management and custom software experience
- Proven experience delivering engaging employee technology solutions for within a large enterprise
- API usage and management
- Strong experience integration platforms to deliver technical solutions
- Data visualization software (Tableau) experience
- Strong understanding of networking technologies (WiFi, DNS, DHCP, VLANs, VPN)
- Experience with MDM solutions for mobile and desktop operating systems
- Experience with Digital signage solutions and deployment of players
Okta is rethinking the traditional work environment, providing our employees with the flexibility to be their most creative and successful versions of themselves, no matter where they are located. We enable a flexible approach to work, meaning for roles where it makes sense, you can work from the office, or from home, regardless of where you live. Okta invests in the best technologies and provides flexible benefits and collaborative work environments/experiences, empowering employees to work productively in a setting that best and uniquely suits their needs. Find your place at Okta https://www.okta.com/company/careers/.
Okta is an Equal Opportunity Employer.