New Women New Yorkers
New Women New Yorkers empowers immigrant women to obtain meaningful employment or pursue higher education in NYC, and offers a safe, inclusive space where immigrant women can build community and share their stories.
- Inclusion and diversity
- Equality of opportunities
- Freedom to choose one’s professional path
Who we serve
We uniquely serve immigrant women from an incredible diversity of national origins, and of English and education levels.
When joining our programs, nearly all our participants are unemployed or employed in part-time, low wage jobs and temporary positions.
Our flagship workforce development programs – LEAD, We Speak, We LEAD, and Bridge to LEAD – combine job readiness training, practice and networking opportunities with professionals from various industries, and individual support services.
The programs support and prepare immigrant women to negotiate the transition to a meaningful job or pursue higher education in NYC.
Each program includes three main pillars:
- Job readiness workshop series.
- Employer sessions, incl. mock interviews, career advice chats, field visits to companies, and panel discussions.
- Individual support, incl. resume building, 1-on-1 interview prep, career counseling, and job retention.
Other programs include:
- Community Mixers
- Cultural Trips
- Storytelling program with The Moth
- Real People. Real Lives. project